How do I use the Email Note Composer?
Our note composer has a lot of new, wonderful things for you! We have a snazzy training video below, but we've provided a handy step-by-step below this video, as well.
Read on for written instructions on using the email version of the Note Composer.
To get started, click on the group that you’d like to send the note to on the left-hand side of the screen, followed by the blue Send an Email button (with the envelope icon).
The Note Composer will pop up, and you can start crafting a beautiful note!
Here's what each of the numbers indicates:
1. Add your subject line here. Not sure what makes a great subject line? Check out this episode of The Finding Uno Show: "Writing a Great Email Subject Line for Churches".
2. Every email is automatically equipped with a single section and a text box. Clicking on the gray text (denoting the text box) will show a toolbar—this is where you can access all of the awesome items to customize your note! You can also click the pencil icon to add more text boxes.
3. Change the font style, size, and color for the text in that specific text box here. You can also hyperlink text and access additional text formatting options within this toolbar.
4. Here you can move your text box (or other modules) by clicking and holding the 4 arrows icon. You can also delete the text box you are working on and start over by clicking the trash can.
5. Click on these buttons to add an item to your note. Click the links below to learn about these items.
- How do I add a text box to my note?
- How do I add an image or GIF to my note?
- How do I add a file to my note?
- How do I add a button to my note?
- How do I add an RSVP to my note?
- How do I add a video to my note?
- How do I add a poll/survey to my note?
- How do I add a quote to my note?
- How do I add a Signup to my note?
6. The three dots icon ( ···) at the end of the toolbar change the color, layout, width, and spacing of the respective section. It also allows you to move that section up or down, delete it entirely, or add a new section below it.
7. You can click here to add a new section to your note as well. This is ideal if you would like to format different sections of your note differently (like having just one section be two columns or changing the background color of a portion of your note). To adjust the background color of the whole note, click on this paintbrush icon. You can still change the background color of individual sections via toolbar options in #6.
8. Here is where you can choose various pre-made templates—choose from several options based on the content of your email. You can use one of the Flocknote-provided templates or create your own! Learn how to create and work with templates HERE! Please note that selecting a new template mid-draft may replace the current content of your note so we recommend selecting the template first before making edits.
9. Overwhelmed by too many color options? Click here to choose a theme and voila! Create a beautifully colored note instantly.
10. Click here to turn public comments on or off. Learn more about public vs private replies HERE!
11. Click here to schedule your note to go out at a later time. Learn more about scheduling notes HERE!
12. Click here to customize the delivery of the note for those members who do not have email addresses on file. Learn more about note delivery HERE!
13. Click here to send yourself a test note, save your draft, delete your draft, save your draft as a template, or view other templates.
14. Once you're done, you'll click here to preview and send your draft! Once you like the preview, click the 'send' (or schedule if you've scheduled your note) button and your note will be off!
15. Check this box to display the Group's Image as a header at the top of your note. Learn more about how to use Group Headers HERE!
** Did you accidentally delete something? We now have an ' undo' button that appears right after you delete something from your note.
If you do delete something accidentally, look for the undo button on the bottom right of the toolbar (the arrow icon) and click on it to have your deleted information appear. If you have any questions please contact a Happiness Engineer at email@example.com :)