How do I use the note composer?
Our note composer has a lot of new, wonderful things for you! We have a snazzy training video here, but we've provided a handy step-by-step below, as well.
To get started, click on the group that you’d like to send the note to on the left-hand side of the screen, followed by the blue Send an Email button (with the envelope icon).
The note composer will pop up, and you can start crafting a beautiful note!
Here's what each of the numbers indicates:
1. Add your subject line here
2. Every email is automatically equipped with a single section and a text box. Clicking on the gray text (denoting the text box) will show a toolbar—this is where you can access all of the awesome items to customize your note!
3. Change the font style, size, and color for the text in that specific text box here. You can also hyperlink text and access additional text formatting options within this toolbar.
4. Here you can move your text box (or other modules) by clicking and holding the 4 arrows icon. You can also delete the text box you are working on and start over by clicking the trash can.
5. Click on these buttons to add an item to your note. Click the links below to learn about these items.
- How to I add an image or GIF to my note?
- How do I add a file to my note?
- How do I add a button to my note?
- How to I add an RSVP to my note?
- How do I add a video to my note?
- How to I add a poll to my note?
6. The three icons at the end of the toolbar change the color, layout, or width of the respective section.
7. Click here to add a new section to your note. This is ideal if you would like to format different sections of your note differently (like having just one section be two columns or changing the background color of a portion of your note). To adjust the background color of a section, click on the paintbrush icon.
8. Here is where you can change the layout of a section—choose from several options based on the content of your email.
9. Overwhelmed by too many color options? Click here to choose a theme and voila! Create a beautifully-colored note instantly.
10. Click here to turn public comments on or off.
11. Click here to schedule your note to go out at a later time.
12. Click here to customize the delivery of the note for those members who do not have email addresses on file.
13. Click here to send yourself a test.
14. Click here to save your draft and keep working.
15. Once you're done, you'll click here to preview and send your draft! Once you like the preview, click the 'send' (or schedule if you've scheduled your note) button and your note will be off!
** Did you accidentally delete something? We now have an ' undo' button that appears right after you delete something from your note.
If you do delete something accidentally, look for the undo button on the bottom right of the toolbar (the arrow icon) and click on it to have your deleted information appear. If you have any questions please contact a Happiness Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org :)