Fixing Missing Info for EOY Tax Summaries
A friendly heads-up
This guide showcases features available only for those subscribed to our all-in-one software solution, Flocknote Complete (formerly Flocknote People.) If you would like to learn more about these exciting features, click HERE. 🎉
Sometimes your members join your network and for whatever reason, they don't provide all of their info. Or perhaps you've imported a list of contacts in the past, but now you need to add more info like their mailing addresses and email addresses for End Of Year Tax Summaries. Read on for a few options to snag this info easily.
IN THIS ARTICLE
To prompt members to provide info on their end:
1. Create a new hidden group called "Incomplete Registration" (or something along those lines).
2. Use the Filter and Bulk Action Tool to search for members with incomplete information (you can do this within any group you are an admin for). If you are a Super Admin, you can do this for the Everyone group to capture everyone.
We recommend trying Filter > Contact Info > Email Address > Does not have an email address + OR + Personal Info > Address > Is not filled out. This will isolate those who are missing a mailing address, email address, or both (the two pieces of info we recommend for end-of-year tax summaries). Don't worry about gathering names! We'll simply use "Valued Donor" in place of a name for their summaries.
3. Once you've honed in on members with missing info, click the purple Action button to add them to a group and then select the "Incomplete Registration" group you previously created.
4. Now, send an email note to that group with a Smart Button. Simply set the button's settings to Update Contact Info.
Be sure to also check the Delivery section at the bottom of the Note Composer and opt to send the email as a text to those who don't have an email on file (or who have opted out of emails) so you reach everyone. Learn more about Note Delivery.
In the body of your email, ask your members to take 2 minutes to click the button and update any missing information. Anyone who clicks on the Smart Button (when set this way) will instantly be taken to their Flocknote profile. The address field can be found within the Info tab of their profile.
As members complete their registration, you can remove them from the group. If needed, you can always add new folks to the group and resend the request note every few months to the group.
To add/import info on your end:
1. If you already have the members' missing info in another database or resource (or can chat with them directly to quickly gather the info), you can use the filtering process above ↑ to hone in on members. Once filtered, select the purple Action button, and then select Export from the dropdown.
2. Update that spreadsheet with the missing information and then save it as a .xls or .csv file.
3. Import that updated spreadsheet back into the Everyone group. Voila! Your list is now updated with the added information.
Still stuck? We're here to help! Send an email to email@example.com (including any details of where you're getting stuck). You can also send any spreadsheets our way and we'll be glad to import for you!