How do I convert my contacts from my address book or database to a spreadsheet?
For most Database and Member Management software tools:
You'll need to create a Report or perform an Export of the Names, Emails, and phone numbers that are on file. Most programs can export directly to a CSV, but some may have the option to export out to an Excel worksheet as well. The help/support page for the particular type of software you are using might be able to point you in the right direction for exporting your spreadsheet of contacts.
From your Outlook Email Address book:
- Select File | Import and Export... from the menu.
- Make sure Export to a file is highlighted.
- Click Next
- Now make sure Comma Separated Values (Windows) is selected.
- Click Next again.
- On the Select Folder to Export from popup, highlight the Contacts folder.
- Click Next
- Use the Browse... button to specify a location and file name for the exported contacts. Something like OutlookContacts.csv on your Desktop should work fine.
- Click Next (once more).
- Now click Finish.
A few formatting tips:
To import your members to flocknote, you'll want to have a spreadsheet that contains their names, email address, and phone numbers. It can either be an excel spreadsheet (.xls or .xlsx) or a .csv file
CLICK HERE to learn the proper way to format your spreadsheet for an easy import into your Flocknote network!