Working with Heads of Households
This guide showcases add-on features available only for those subscribed to Flocknote People. If you would like to learn more about these exciting new features, visit Flocknote.com/people. 🎉
This help guide will teach you what determines who the heads of households are, and how to add/remove/update them. If you need to add or remove members from their households entirely, check out the article at the bottom of the page.
What is the role of the head of household?
- Can receive receipts when batches of gifts/donations are input
- Receives end-of-year giving receipts for their household
- Can be easily sorted using the Filter & Bulk Action tool (Filter > Households > Is head of household, etc.)
How many heads of household can I have?
You can have an unlimited number of heads of household; i.e. technically all members of the family can be made heads of the household. However, once you start building a household, there needs to be at least one head of that household set at all times.
What determines who is the head of household?
- If doing a bulk import of members, the head of household defaults to whoever is on the spreadsheet first for each household. Learn how to format your spreadsheet for household imports HERE.
- If you are on a member's profile, and then start adding members to their family one by one, that original profile becomes the head of household.
How do I add additional heads of household or remove current ones?
- Select the person's name from the People tab of the group they are within.
- Select the "Info" tab from within their profile.
- Select or de-select the option to "Allow __ to be a head of household".
❌ Please note: If a household has been built, there must be at least one head of household at all times. If you are attempting to remove the only current head of household, the system will gray out that section and not allow you to de-select it until you have first added an additional head to take their place. Once you've added an additional head, you can return to the profile of the one you want to remove and it will allow you.