What is a Hidden Group? How do I create one?
A Hidden Group is a Group that is only visible in the list of Groups to those who are logged in and are already a part of the Group. An Admin is the only person who can control who is added to a Hidden Group. People will not be able to request to join Hidden Groups or text in to join Hidden Groups. If you are part of a Hidden Group, an eye icon will appear next to the name to indicate that it is Hidden and you will be able to see any notes for the group when you are logged in.
To create a NEW hidden Group:
- Select the Manage Groups button from the More menu (gray button with 3 dots on it) in the top left-hand corner under your church or organization's name.
- Click the blue New Group button in the gray pane that slides out.
- Once the 'Make a new group' popup appears, name your Group and select Type: Hidden
- Your group will now appear in the list of Groups with an eye icon next to it to indicate that it is Hidden.
- Click 'Done' to exit the Manage Groups pane.
To set an existing Group as Hidden:
- Select the Group you'd like to set as hidden from the column on the left where all the Groups are listed
- Select the Group Settings button from the right to open the Group Settings
- In the pop-up that appears, select the Hidden option.
Select the Save button. Your Group will now appear in the list of Groups with an eye icon to it to indicate that it is Hidden. Only those who are a part of the Group will see the Group. No one will be able to request to join the Group.