What is a Closed Group? How do I create one?
A Closed Group is a Group that requires an admin's approval to be a part of. People can request to join the Group and a notification will be sent to an admin to approve or deny their request. Notes in a Closed Group are only visible to Members who have been approved to the Group by an admin. The name of a Closed Group is visible to everyone and will appear with a padlock icon next to it's name, but again the Notes inside of the Group are only visible to those who have already been approved to be a part of the Group.
To create a NEW closed Group:
- Select the Manage Groups button from the More menu (gray button with 3 dots on it) in the top left-hand corner under your church or organization's name.
- Click the blue New Group button in the gray pane that slides out.
- Once the 'Make a new group' popup appears, name your Group and select Type: Closed
- Your group will now appear in the list of Groups with a padlock next to it to indicate that it is Closed.
- Click 'Done' to exit the Manage Groups pane.
To set an existing Group as closed:
- Select the Group you'd like to set as closed from the column on the left where all the Groups are listed.
- Select the Group Settings button from the top right corner of the page to open the Group Settings.
- In the popup that appears, select the Closed option.
- Select the Save button. Your Group will now appear in the list of Groups with a padlock next to it to indicate that it is closed.