How do I import my contacts into Flocknote?
To import your members to Flocknote, you'll want to have a spreadsheet that contains their names, email address, and phone numbers. It can either be an excel spreadsheet (.xls or .xlsx) or a .csv file. If you have separate spreadsheets for email addresses and phone numbers, you will want to combine the contact information into one spreadsheet - that way, each member will just have one account in Flocknote that contains both their email address and cell phone number.
Here are a few handy tips for formatting your spreadsheet:
- Title your columns so you don't accidentally mix up the first and last name column
- Make sure each column only contains one type of information. Basically, just make sure the email column only contains emails, the phone column only contains phones, etc.
- Make sure you only have one line of information per person - in other words, you do not want a person to have their email address on one line and, farther down in the spreadsheet, have a phone number.
Steps to import a spreadsheet of contacts to a Group in flocknote:
- Login to flocknote and select the name of a Group from the column on the left
- Select the People tab
- Select Import a contact list
- Click the arrow button to browse to the saved file on your computer and upload it
- On the window that appears, assign the correct label to each column (make sure the column that contains emails is labeled as Email and not name or phone, etc.)
- Click the Go button
- The contacts will import to your Group and you are all set!
Here are a few handy tips when doing an import:
- If you can, it's best to upload your contacts by Group, instead of uploading them to the everyone list and then moving them around, it's quicker to upload them to a specific Group.
- The import feature is smart enough to weed out duplicates. If someone is on your spreadsheet with the same email or phone 3 or 4 times, the system is smart enough to skip over them and make sure they are only added once
- Similarly, if you import a contact to a Group that is already on file with another Group, the system won't duplicate them, it will just pull up their existing record.
Stuck? Email your spreadsheet to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the Group you are working with and we'll help you get things imported :)